About the OKC Area
We know what makes our area amazing and we want to share our wonderful city with you!
See FAQs and fast-facts about OKC on this page. We would love to help you find the best neighborhoods and your new home as well as local favorite spots to enjoy as you consider OKC.
Oklahoma City Highlights
Here are some of the things we love about our city
- Largest city in OK with metro population of more than 1.4 million
- In land area, OKC is 8th largest metro in the nation
- OKC state capitol is the only capital in the nation to have help a working oil well on it’s ground with the petunia #1 rig operating until 2021
- OKC is the Horse Show Capital of the World
- The National Stockyards is the worlds largest feeder and stocker cattle market located in Stockyard City
- OKC is home to the US Olympic and Paralympic Training Site for Canoe/Kayak located in the Boathouse District; also the nations only urban whitewater rafting and kayaking center.
The Modern Frontier is within a day’s drive of many major areas:
- 162 miles south of Wichita
- 205 miles north of Dallas
- 339 miles west of Little Rock
- 347 miles northeast of Lubbock
- 353 miles southwest of Kansas City
- 445 miles northwest of Houston
- 470 miles west of Memphis
- 501 miles southwest of St. Louis
- 680 miles southeast of Denver
- OKC was settled by the historic Land Run of April 22, 1889; population grew to more than 10,000 in a single day
- Celebrities from OKC: James Garner, Gayla Peevey, Megan Mullally, Hinder, Terry Manning, Blake Giffin, Vince Gill, James Marsden, Charlie Christian, Lou Antonio
- Top Employers: State of Oklahoma, Tinker Air Force Base, OU Norman Campus
- Home to Rocklahoma, an annual rock festival
Why should we work with you instead of another REALTOR®?
Choosing Kalhor Group Realty to work with is one of the best decisions you could make as a home buyer or seller. With over 10 years of experience, my core value is providing some of the best customer service you have ever experienced from this industry. I hope to leave such an impact with all clients that they will forever refer to Kalhor Group Realty as the go to company for all their friends and family.
How do you fairly evaluate a home?
I take home evaluations very seriously as they can be the make it or break it to the start of the adventure. I implement heavy research on properties that are compared within a 1-3 mile radius from the subject property that the client is either buying or selling. If the numbers do not align, I do not want to waste anyone’s valuable time by moving forward. I ensure home evaluations are top tier and completely promptly.
How do you balance the interests of buyers and sellers?
The first meeting is about setting expectations for all parties, that way I can ensure sellers are understanding the process in depth with all questions and hesitations answered up front, I provide a home selling timeline to help line out A-Z. The same for buyers, I want to ensure that buyers feel confident in the process so we don’t have any surprises where we cannot follow through to the end, a home buying timeline during our buyer consultation is explained so we are on the same page.
How much commission do you charge?
Commission for service with sellers varies by each client. Depending on the goals of the seller, the commission is negotiable after assessing the property value and the seller’s net goal. As for buyers, the commission is offered to a REALTOR® by the seller of the home which is already agreed upon by the seller with their listing agent. The only time a commission may change is if we are handling a For Sale By Owner and we have to negotiate our services for the transaction.
How much experience do you have in the real estate field?
I have over 12 years of experience in real estate. I began my journey in 2010 by working with a leasing agency. Throughout the course of a year, I learned a lot of skill set in the industry and eventually became a licensed REALTOR®. After many years and over 600 homes sold, I obtained my brokerage licensed to further my career.
Can you assist me with the documentation required for a mortgage application?
I have wonderful connections with highly professional mortgage loan officers that I highly recommend to any and all clients who are needing to start the mortgage process.
Can you help me identify investment opportunity properties?
I work with all kinds of buyers, they all have different goals with the real estate portfolio and I am well equipped to navigate their process weather it is a personal or investment portfolio.
Do you assist homeowners in finding tenants?
Kalhor Group does not dabble in the rental management for properties. I have connections with management companies I send all my clients to if they are wanting to own rentals and have them managed.
Do you assist renters looking for homes?
Kalhor Group does not dabble in the finding of rentals management for clients. I have connections with management companies I send all my clients to if they are wanting to rent a property.
What is your average sell time for properties that you list?
This is a loaded question as each property is its own unique situation. Three factors contribute to the time on market for each home. Price, location and condition all are the deciding terms of how long a property can take to sell. Just because a property across the street sold in 1 day does not mean your home will sell in 1 day and for the same value.